WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

GSells

WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#1 Postby GSells » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi All, just wandering what are the energy limits at Pinjar WA ?
Regards Graham. :D

Brad Y

Re: WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#2 Postby Brad Y » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:29 pm

If you conform to the same limits as Belmont like you would for the QRA and National Queens you will be fine.

willow

#3 Postby willow » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Just be mindful of the wind at Pinjar - it's a killer!

GSells

#4 Postby GSells » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Brad Y wrote:If you conform to the same limits as Belmont like you would for the QRA and National Queens you will be fine.

Thanks Brad , I'll work on my 2930 fps load .
It's a shame as I have worked up a 3015 fps load for 180 hybrids. I think I'll struggle to put into competition somewhere to put it to the test.
Our energy limits could hobble us especially Qld in upcoming overseas comp that is coming up in 2021.
Rules are rules. [-X
Regards Graham .

GSells

#5 Postby GSells » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:13 pm

willow wrote:Just be mindful of the wind at Pinjar - it's a killer!

Lol, well if I make it there , hopefully that will be the wind coach's drama :mrgreen: . Looking forward to it , but a long way to go to make the team yet ! :D

RDavies

#6 Postby RDavies » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 pm

GSells wrote:
Brad Y wrote:If you conform to the same limits as Belmont like you would for the QRA and National Queens you will be fine.

It's a shame as I have worked up a 3015 fps load for 180 hybrids. I think I'll struggle to put into competition somewhere to put it to the test.
Our energy limits could hobble us especially Qld in upcoming overseas comp that is coming up in 2021.
Rules are rules. [-X
Regards Graham .

Well come down to the NSW Queens. Much more generous energy limits, as well as mainly long range. The best Queens program in the country.
Last edited by RDavies on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macguru

#7 Postby macguru » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Probably best to just avoid competitions with restrictive energy limits or outdated ETs, there are plenty of other options so why not spend your money elsewhere ??

Brad Y

#8 Postby Brad Y » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:06 pm

There may well be a higher limit it’s probably best to contact WARA direct.

GSells

#9 Postby GSells » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:08 pm

RDavies wrote:
GSells wrote:

Rules are rules. [-X
Regards Graham .

Well come down to the NSW Queens. Much more generous energy limits, as well as mainly long range. The best Queens program in the country.

May just do that Mr Davies and come and say ga day to the NSW people! Will be next year though, having a break , but gearing up for state teams .

In regards to Et’s , as long as they are maintained not a worry . One can easily get screwed over by a poor marker . Looking forward to going to WA , but definitely have to make the team yet . I’ll live within the limits , all good . I have a bit of faith in the 280 ai . Was amazing to push a 180 ( cats out of the bag !) at 3015 FPS with 10 FPS spread over 7 shots . I loaded one case 10 times and no issues with pockets. I have backed it off from 3045 FPS . Initial test seems promising. No I can’t tell u how I did it lol! But less signs of pressure than my 2930 FPS load . Anyway accuracy will always trump speed . So see how we go ! Getting off topic , sorry .
But I might shoot it at a mates farm who has 2 km line of sight , but just at 1000 yds and see how it goes ! Thanks everyone for the replies! :D

Sambo

#10 Postby Sambo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:24 am

From the Pinjar Range Standing Orders

Section 4 – Approved Firearms and Ammunition
The Pinjar Range complex has been approved based on the following limits to Calibre of Firearm and Types of Ammunition:

Approved type & calibre of firearms:
Single Shot and Bolt Action Repeater (Service Rifle Competition) Rifles chambered in calibres no greater than 8 mm.

Approved Types of ammunition:
Jacketed and unjacketed in calibres no greater than 8 mm, with limiting ammunition natures as follows:
Maximum Muzzle Velocity – 1000 metres per second
Maximum Muzzle Energy – 5000 Joules any firing position
Maximum Muzzle Energy – 7000 Joules prone firing only from supporting rest

Don't thank WARA, thank WAPOL.

macguru

#11 Postby macguru » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:20 am

those are generous limits, i dont think many people would be restricted in their choices.

GSells

#12 Postby GSells » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 am

Sambo wrote:From the Pinjar Range Standing Orders

Section 4 – Approved Firearms and Ammunition
The Pinjar Range complex has been approved based on the following limits to Calibre of Firearm and Types of Ammunition:

Approved type & calibre of firearms:
Single Shot and Bolt Action Repeater (Service Rifle Competition) Rifles chambered in calibres no greater than 8 mm.

Approved Types of ammunition:
Jacketed and unjacketed in calibres no greater than 8 mm, with limiting ammunition natures as follows:
Maximum Muzzle Velocity – 1000 metres per second
Maximum Muzzle Energy – 5000 Joules any firing position
Maximum Muzzle Energy – 7000 Joules prone firing only from supporting rest

Don't thank WARA, thank WAPOL.

Thank you !

Return to “General Forum”