WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Message
Author
GSells
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm

WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#1 Postby GSells » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi All, just wandering what are the energy limits at Pinjar WA ?
Regards Graham. :D

Brad Y
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#2 Postby Brad Y » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:29 pm

If you conform to the same limits as Belmont like you would for the QRA and National Queens you will be fine.

willow
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#3 Postby willow » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Just be mindful of the wind at Pinjar - it's a killer!

GSells
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Re: WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#4 Postby GSells » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Brad Y wrote:If you conform to the same limits as Belmont like you would for the QRA and National Queens you will be fine.

Thanks Brad , I'll work on my 2930 fps load .
It's a shame as I have worked up a 3015 fps load for 180 hybrids. I think I'll struggle to put into competition somewhere to put it to the test.
Our energy limits could hobble us especially Qld in upcoming overseas comp that is coming up in 2021.
Rules are rules. [-X
Regards Graham .

GSells
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Re: WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#5 Postby GSells » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:13 pm

willow wrote:Just be mindful of the wind at Pinjar - it's a killer!

Lol, well if I make it there , hopefully that will be the wind coach's drama :mrgreen: . Looking forward to it , but a long way to go to make the team yet ! :D

RDavies
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:23 pm
Location: Singleton NSW

Re: WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#6 Postby RDavies » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 pm

GSells wrote:
Brad Y wrote:If you conform to the same limits as Belmont like you would for the QRA and National Queens you will be fine.

Thanks Brad , I'll work on my 2930 fps load .
It's a shame as I have worked up a 3015 fps load for 180 hybrids. I think I'll struggle to put into competition somewhere to put it to the test.
Our energy limits could hobble us especially Qld in upcoming overseas comp that is coming up in 2021.
Rules are rules. [-X
Regards Graham .

Well come down to the NSW Queens. Much more generous energy limits, as well as mainly long range. The best Queens program in the country.
Last edited by RDavies on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macguru
Posts: 1258
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:49 am

Re: WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#7 Postby macguru » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Probably best to just avoid competitions with restrictive energy limits or outdated ETs, there are plenty of other options so why not spend your money elsewhere ??

Brad Y
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#8 Postby Brad Y » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:06 pm

There may well be a higher limit it’s probably best to contact WARA direct.

GSells
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Re: WA Pinjar Range , energy limits ?

#9 Postby GSells » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:08 pm

RDavies wrote:
GSells wrote:
Brad Y wrote:If you conform to the same limits as Belmont like you would for the QRA and National Queens you will be fine.

Thanks Brad , I'll work on my 2930 fps load .
It's a shame as I have worked up a 3015 fps load for 180 hybrids. I think I'll struggle to put into competition somewhere to put it to the test.
Our energy limits could hobble us especially Qld in upcoming overseas comp that is coming up in 2021.
Rules are rules. [-X
Regards Graham .

Well come down to the NSW Queens. Much more generous energy limits, as well as mainly long range. The best Queens program in the country.

May just do that Mr Davies and come and say ga day to the NSW people! Will be next year though, having a break , but gearing up for state teams .

In regards to Et’s , as long as they are maintained not a worry . One can easily get screwed over by a poor marker . Looking forward to going to WA , but definitely have to make the team yet . I’ll live within the limits , all good . I have a bit of faith in the 280 ai . Was amazing to push a 180 ( cats out of the bag !) at 3015 FPS with 10 FPS spread over 7 shots . I loaded one case 10 times and no issues with pockets. I have backed it off from 3045 FPS . Initial test seems promising. No I can’t tell u how I did it lol! But less signs of pressure than my 2930 FPS load . Anyway accuracy will always trump speed . So see how we go ! Getting off topic , sorry .
But I might shoot it at a mates farm who has 2 km line of sight , but just at 1000 yds and see how it goes ! Thanks everyone for the replies! :D


Return to “General Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests